The A1 tower type is over 150′ tall but not more than 350′ including any appurtenances. A structure should be lit by at least 1 L-864 red medium intensity beacon and 2 or more red L-810 marker lights.
FAA AC 70/7460-1M
- The beacon and marker lights must include infrared LEDs.
- L-810 red/infrared marker lights must flash in sync with L-864 red/infrared beacon at 30 flashes per minute
- Infrared LED strings must be monitored, and an IR outage is a NOTAM-worthy event.
FAA AC 70/7460-1L
- L-810 red marker lights must flash in sync with L-864 beacon at 30 flashes per minute
FAA AC 70/7460-1K and FAA AC 70/7460-1J
- L-810 markers are steady-burning
FAA AC 70/7460-1H
- At least 3 L-864 beacons at 20-40 flashes per minute
- 3 steady-burning L-810 marker lights