The Vanguard Medium FTS 370d is a dual FAA L-864/L-865 medium intensity LED lighting system for structures between 200’ and 700’ AGL (FAA E-type towers). The system also meets FAA L-885 low intensity catenary requirements. It complies with CAR 621 2nd edition for medium intensity CL-864/CL-865 flashing lights and ICAO 6th edition standards for medium intensity type A/type B obstacle lights.
The FAA LED lighting system uses a single cable for communications as well as beacon and marker power. Firmware can be upgraded for future compatibility with no need for controller modification. The single enclosure houses a low-voltage environment, removing the need for an interlock switch and allowing alarms to remain active when the door is open.
FTS 370d Vanguard Medium Features
- Infrared (IR) lighting – NVG and NVIS compatibility using 850nm IR LEDs on the flashhead per FAA AC 150/5345-43J
- Interleaved LEDs and by-pass circuitry provide longer life by allowing the loss of individual LEDs up to the 25% limit
- Surge immunity of 25kA to withstand 99% of all lighting strikes
- LTE modem for improved communication stability
- Ruggedized photodiode in metal housing with shielded cable
- Input power breaker switch eliminates replaceable fuses
- Outdoor Wi-Fi antenna for onsite diagnostics and lighting inspections
- Patented Fresnel optics to minimize ground scatter
- Aircraft Detection Lighting Systems (ADLS) interface
- Automatic failsafe switches to day mode if no mode change detected
- 4-line OLED backlit display for visibility in any lighting conditions
- Dry contact monitoring (day, night, marker, PED, GPS, comm alarms and mode status)
- Configurable to meet AC 70/7460-1L
- 5-year warranty
FTS 370d Vanguard Medium Options
- Infrared LEDs on L-810 marker lights
- SMART Card – monitor and control the system remotely and receive full diagnostic information through LTE modem or ethernet-based connectivity. SNMP, Modbus or Eagle Protocols can be used.
- GPS synchronization
- Upgrade firmware remotely
- TECK90 Support – provides protection from RF interference and damage on high-power broadcast towers up to 700′ AGL