The Vanguard High FTS 270 is an L-856/L-864 high intensity LED lighting system that flashes white lights for day and twilight and either red or white lights at night. It is designed for FAA towers B3-B6, C3-C6, F3-F6 and G3-G6, such as broadcast communications towers, smokestacks, chimneys and bridges.
Engineered for maximum LED life, the feature-rich Vanguard High product line provides ultimate serviceability, easing troubleshooting and minimizing downtime if maintenance is required.
- Single panel integrating white, red and infrared LEDs that complies with FAA Engineering Brief 98 and eliminates the need for additional red beacons
- Standard integrated GPS provides mode change backup using sunrise/sunset data to change mode in case of photodiode failure
- Barometric pressure sensors detect errors in a beacon’s tier location, eliminating installation errors and pinpointing the location of the beacon on the tower in case maintenance is required
- Industry-leading 25 kA surge suppression rating, protecting against 99% of lightning strikes when properly installed and grounded
- SMART Card – Monitor and control the system remotely and receive full diagnostic information through LTE modem or Ethernet-based connectivity; SNMP, Modbus or Eagle protocols may be used; included on all systems
- Graphic annotated tower on webpage interface provides clear status of modes and alarms and facilitates deeper monitoring and analysis of individual lighting elements
- 7 standard alarm dry contacts
- Optional Wi-Fi Interface – Offers command and control capabilities on mobile devices local to the site
- Optional Relay Expansion – Allows up to 28 additional dry contact alarm points for greater insight into cause of alarm
Installation & Maintenance
- Remote firmware upgrades can update boards on the tower as well as the ground, reducing the need for truck rolls and tower climbs
- Local mode override at each light unit speeds up troubleshooting
- Pre-terminated quick connect cables with twist-lock plugs reduce installation error and enable troubleshooting flexibility