The A3 tower type is over 700′ tall but not more than 1050′ including any appurtenances and is lit by 5 red flashing L-864 beacons.
FAA AC 70/7460-1M
- L-864 beacons include red/infrared LEDs and must flash in sync at 30 flashes per minute.
- Infrared LED strings must be monitored, and an IR outage is a NOTAM-worthy event.
FAA AC 70/7460-1L
- L-864 beacons must flash in sync at 30 flashes per minute
- No L-810 marker lights are required
FAA AC 70/7460-1K, FAA AC 70/7460-1J and FAA AC 70/7460-1H
- L-864 beacons set to 20-40 flashes per minute
- 9 L-810 steady-burning marker lights (12 if square)