The FTS 350i-2 is an FAA L-864(L) / ICAO Medium Intensity Type B aircraft warning light. A fully integrated system designed for wind turbine operators, it offers a weather-resistant polymer construction, industry-leading surge protection and Aircraft Detection Lighting System (ADLS) connectivity. Small and light, this stand-alone obstruction light does not have a controller taking up scarce space inside the nacelle.
The FTS 350i-2 complies with FAA AC 70/7460-1M and 1L requirements for turbines with rotor tip heights less than 699 feet and is certified to AC 150/5345-43J (infrared).
- Infrared (IR) LEDs for compatibility with NVG and NVIS per FAA AC 150/5345-43J
- Aircraft Detection Lighting System (ADLS) interface (lighting control module sold separately)
- Surge immunity of 25kA to withstand 99% of all lighting strikes
- Fully integrated system – no external controller
- Easy to carry and install on turbines due to extremely low weight
- Fresnel optics minimize ground scatter, making the light more community-friendly
- GPS for synchronized flashing
- Handheld remote controller simplifies light setup
- Field-configurable flash rate of 20 or 30 fpm
- Dry contact alarm for beacon, GPS sync and mode change
- 5-year warranty
- Adaptor plates for existing mounting brackets
- Mounting brackets available for multiple turbine manufacturers
- Overvoltage protection device (OVP)