Flash solar LED airport runway and taxiway signs improve safety on every corner of an airfield. Used to illuminate on-airfield signage and distance-to-go markers, solar airfield guidance signs increase airfield navigability and pilot comfort at night and in low-visibility conditions.
Flash solar LED airfield signs provide reliable dusk-to-dawn illumination for critical signage, allowing for uncompromised safety when it’s needed most.
A simple solution for airfields that experience difficulties with grid access or for those that require a quick, minimally disruptive addition to an existing airfield.
- Includes an L-858Y, L-858R, L-858L or L-858B solar-powered runway sign and a solar engine power supply (SEPS)
- SEPS incorporates the latest technology in solar technology, hardware and software to provide a reliable and sustainable power source
- High-quality LED light source virtually eliminates runway shutdowns, reduces re-lamping expenses and ongoing maintenance costs
- Battery life of 5+ years
- Easy installation and relocation — no specialized work crews required
- Limited air traffic disruption and functions immediately upon installation
- An optional Handheld Controller allows for remote, wireless operation of taxiway signs, including mode changes for enhanced visibility in poor weather conditions
- Engineered for reliable performance, the energy management system (EMS) monitors and adapts the brightness to environmental conditions for consistent operation and long life under the toughest conditions
- Minimum autonomy (operation without solar charging) 7+ days — scalable to meet requirements up to 40 days
Corrosion-resistant sign construction requires minimal maintenance:
- Aluminum housing
- Acrylic sign legend panels
- Stainless steel hardware
- Retroreflective sheeting
- Each taxiway sign is furnished complete with mounting flanges for installation on a concrete pad, which is the recommended method of installation. Contact Flash Technology for more information on sign installation hardware.
- The solar engine power supply (SEPS) should be installed on a level concrete pad within 20 feet of the solar sign.
- For a temporary application, the wiring between the SEPS and the sign can be above ground. Both the sign and SEPS contain side conduits for cabling access.