The FTS 830 is a current-driven unidirectional approach light that identifies runway end or the acquisition of an active runway. It can be used as a simple runway end identifier lights (REIL) or as an addition to complete any number of approach light systems like MALSR, MALSF, SSALSR, ALSF I and II for runway alignment and runway threshold marking.
The flashhead and power converter may be mounted together to form a single unit or separately to adapt to specific terrain needs.
FTS 830 Features
- Compatible with air-to-ground radio controllers and ground-to-ground remote systems
- Modular design for easy maintenance
- Powered and controlled from constant level current, in series line
- Longer flashtube life due to low voltage (±500VDC) required for operation
- Can be set for single-step or three-step intensity
- Intensity stepping is controlled by the level of current from the constant current regulator (CCR)
- Designed to operate with an L-828 CCR
- Flash Technology meets the Buy American Act with all our airport lighting systems
FTS 830 Options
- 50 Hz and 60 Hz systems
- Control and monitor approach lights remotely with the FTM 181
- Automatically change approach light intensity to match intensity of CCR controlled runway lights with the FTC 435
- Internal system controller – FTC 415
- Component-level technical training available
ETL-verified to FAA AC 150/5345-51B for L-849 runway end identification lights styles A and E. This product complies with ICAO lighting regulations.