The FTS 430 is a current-driven omnidirectional approach light that identifies runway end or the acquisition of an active runway. It can be used as a simple runway end identifier light (REIL) or complete omnidirectional approach lighting system (ODALS) for runway alignment and runway threshold marking.
The flash head and power converter may be mounted together to form a single unit or separately to adapt to specific terrain needs.
FTS 430 Airport Lighting Features
- Powered and controlled by constant level current, in series line
- Longer flashtube life due to low voltage (±500VDC) required for operation
- May be set for single step or three-step intensity
- Compatible with air-to-ground radio controllers and ground-to-ground remote systems
- Modular design for easy maintenance
- Internal surge protection
- Flash Technology meets the Buy American Act with all our airport lighting systems
FTS 430 Airport Lighting Options
- 50 Hz or 60 Hz systems
- FTM 181 allows remote control and monitoring of runway approach lights
- FTC 435 – Automatically change approach light intensity to match intensity of CCR controlled runway lights
- FTC 415 – Internal system controller
- Component level technical training available
ETL-verified to FAA AC 150/5345-51B for L-849 styles B and F. This product complies with ICAO lighting regulations.