Benefit from maximum runway usage while minimizing energy expenditure and increasing the performance capabilities of your airfield lighting system. Flash Technology’s solar airfield lighting products can be managed using a variety of wireless airfield lighting control systems. Airfield operator and pilot controlled lighting systems allow remote activation of your airfield’s lights and their intensity. Options include ARCAL pilot activated lighting and handheld control. Gain instantaneous control of an unlimited number of airfield products.
ARCAL Digital Radio Control
Ideal for unmanned airfields and control towers, ARCAL allows pilots to activate and manage the intensity of airfield lights on approach. The Flash ARCAL pilot activated lighting system provides air-to-ground (Type I) radio control of Flash solar airfield products. The pilot controlled lighting system allows for remote activation of your airfield’s lights and their intensity by keying the microphone button of the pilot’s standard VHF communication transmitter. Airport operators benefit from maximum runway usage while minimizing energy expenditure and increasing the performance capabilities of our solar airfield products.
- Designed for outdoor, unattended all-weather operation
- Eliminates costly trenching and installation of control lines to remote facilities
- No special airborne equipment or adapters required
- Lights are activated remotely from the air and remain on at the selected intensity for a period of 15 minutes; additional timer settings of 1, 30, 45 and 60 minutes are available
- Receiver may be programmed to operate on any frequency in the specified VHF range between 118.0 to 136.0 MHz
- Selectable decoder enable/disable prevents multiple relay operation during normal daytime operations
- Optional remote maintenance module (RMM) available
- Configurable to Type J or Type K ARCAL via DIP switch selection (Canada)
- FAA L-854 AC 150/5345-49 (current edition), ETL certified
- FCC 47 CFR, Part 15:2007 (Class A)
- ICAO Aerodrome Design Manual, Part 5 para. 3.4.6
- Canada TP 312 – Aerodromes Standards and Recommended Practices
Wirelessly control Flash’s solar airfield lighting system with secure encryption.
- Instantaneous control of an unlimited number of airfield products
- Individual communication with each light
- Separately control up to 8 groups of lights
- Uninterrupted, secure, MIL-grade encryption
- Weatherproof back-lit LED keypad and LED indicators designed for use with gloves
- Removable, replaceable antenna
Enables remote operation of an airfield lighting system including mode changes for enhanced visibility in poor weather conditions or blackout and infrared (NVG) modes in response to an immediate threat.
Multiple Configuration Options
Secure, password-protected communications where one or more controllers can be keyed to a system of lights.
Contains a radio modem, supporting electronics and external serial interface. It also supports an interface suitable for connecting to an off-the-shelf, standalone aviation band VHF receiver (ARCAL) to facilitate pilot controlled lighting operation.
Rugged, Weatherproof Design
Tested to Condition B, Method 104A of MIL-STD-202F for moisture resistance. Reliable operations in temperatures ranging from -40 to 140 °F (-40 to 60 °C).