A704 solar MIRL runway lights meet FAA and ICAO requirements for medium intensity runway edge lights, runway threshold lights, runway end lights and simple approach lighting. The solar runway lights are available in 3 battery sizes enabling up to 1000 hours of runtime and worldwide use. The A704 solar runway light is lower cost than traditional runway lighting — with no sacrifice in quality, durability or service.
Powered by high-endurance batteries designed for aerospace with a lifetime of over 2500 cycles, our airfield lighting products are built to last for over 20 years, with no maintenance for 7 years on average. When it’s time to perform maintenance, we’ve made the process easy (less than 3 minutes per light) so your runway stays operational without interruption.
- Medium-intensity runway lighting (MIRL) including runway edge lights and runway threshold lights
- Low-intensity runway lighting (LIRL) including edge and runway threshold
- Stopway lights
- Simple approach lighting
- NVG operations, covert-only mode
- Emergency or temporary lighting
Compliant to International Lighting Standards
- FAA L-861 MIRL
- FAA L-860 LIRL
- FAA L-862
- FAA L-863 portable
- ICAO non-precision
- ICAO non-instrument
- TP 312
- CASA MIRL
- UFC MIRL
- NATO STANAG
- 3-step pilot control (10, 30, 100%)
- 5-step ground control (2.5, 5, 10, 30, 100%)
- Under 14″ installed height
- Built-in carrying handle
- Dusk-to-dawn autonomous mode
- Infrared output for NVG operations
- Meets Buy American Act criteria
- Improved optical efficiency with the latest LEDs
- High-efficiency monocrystalline solar panels
- Reduced standby power consumption
- Multiple battery sizes for best value-for-performance
- Optional CCR wired power interface
- Optional wireless control provides remote operation using either 900 MHz or 2.4 GHz communication
Limited crew, no trenching, no airfield interruptions. Just place the A704 and it emits light dusk-to-dawn while maintaining its battery.
The A704 integrates solar panels, battery, electronics and LED light source into a compact, stand-alone unit requiring minimal maintenance for 7 years.
The Energy Management System (EMS) monitors all operations to provide consistent output in the harshest environments. Testing to ICAO, FAA and MIL specifications ensures high performance for many years.
With thousands of installations worldwide, Flash Technology solar LED lights operate year-round at over 500 airports and military bases.