The PHD 516 photodiode signals the controller to change the mode (day, twilight and night) of obstruction lighting systems based on preset ambient light parameters.
The PEC 510 photocell has been discontinued. The PHD 516 may be used in place of the PEC 510 with a converter. Please see reverse for PEC 510 converter details and part numbers.
Features & Benefits
- Internal electronics are potted for maximum durability
- Includes options for either 1/2” MNPT or 1/2” FNPT
- Die-cast, copper-free aluminum construction is lightweight and corrosion resistant for long, reliable service
- Weight: 0.5 lbs (0.23 kg)
- Dimensions: 4.8 x 2.0 x 1.3 in (108.4 x 51.3 x 33.3 mm)
- Part number:
- 1855516 – 20’ cable pigtail
- 1855517 – 50’ cable pigtail
- 1855518 – 75’ cable pigtail
PEC 510 Converter
The PEC 510 converter ensures the PHD 516 can be used on legacy lighting systems. The converter ships with a screw and double-sided sticky velcro tape to attach the converter inside the enclosure.
- AC power input: 120-240 VAC
- Part number: 1915000
The following upgrade kits ship with the converter materials outlined above and the noted length of cable pigtail.
- 1905365 – 20’ cable pigtail
- 1905375 – 50’ cable pigtail
- 1905370 – 75’ cable pigtail
FAA AC 150/5345-43H
White Obstruction Lights Section 184.108.40.206
The light unit intensity must be controlled by a photocell facing the northern (polar) sky. White obstruction lights must automatically change intensity steps when the ambient light changes:
- Day intensity to twilight intensity — illumination decreases below 60 foot-candles (645.8 lux) but before it reaches 35 foot-candles (376.7 lux)
- Twilight to night intensity — illumination decreases below 5 foot-candles (53.8 lux) but before it reaches 2 foot-candles (21.5 lux)
- Night to twilight intensity — when the illumination increases above 2 foot-candles (21.5 lux) but before it reaches 5 foot-candles (53.8 lux)
- Twilight to day intensity — illumination increases above 35 foot-candles (376.7 lux) but before it reaches 60 foot-candles (645.8 lux)
Red Obstruction Lights Section 220.127.116.11
If automatic control is used, the light unit must turn on when ambient light decreases to 35 foot-candles (367.7 lux) and turn off when the ambient light increases to 60 foot-candles (645.8 lux). Single L-810 light units are controlled in a manner compatible with the particular installation.